Fox College Funding provides late stage college funding planning for families with a college-bound high school student. We specialize in helping upper-middle to high-income, and higher net worth families reduce their college expenses.
Each family works personally with a Fox College Funding consultant who is a licensed financial advisor and a specialist in the college funding niche. We provide customized planning tailored to your family’s individual situation.
We inform you of and help you implement proprietary combinations of academic, cash flow and tax strategy that could enable you to save thousands of dollars.
For the higher income family we are most known for our signature college funding tax strategy combinations that create “tax scholarships” to pay for college. A tax scholarship is any new found tax deduction that creates money you can use to reduce the cost of college.
Unlike financial aid, the higher your income and tax bracket, the greater the benefit of any tax strategy or tuition discount because it’s GROSS income you don’t have to earn to fund college.
In essence, the IRS can pay a big piece of your college expenses!
Your personal consultant will gather data from you and subsequently perform an analysis. Your consultant and a team of specialist CPAs will then painstakingly identify all potentially beneficial strategies that would be pertinent to your family.
(Fox College Funding is supported by a team of CPAs who are specialists in taking the income tax code and applying it specifically to college funding.
This type of planning is not known by most CPAs.
In fact, most tax preparers either give no advice to their clients regarding college funding (because it is not their specialty) or the advice they do give may not be beneficial or the best course of action for the family.)
A customized written college funding plan is then presented to you to explain the combination of strategies we have identified for your family and how to implement them. At that time, you, your consultant, and your CPA will determine how to proceed so you receive the most beneficial outcome for your family.
From there your consultant will keep you updated on a monthly basis with information about the ever-changing college funding developments and any new strategies that arise that can positively impact your college funding plan.
You will have a trusted advisor that is on your side to provide continuing world-class, personal service.
Here are some of the things you will learn by working with Fox College Funding:
- How to pay for college with pre-tax dollars and have the IRS pay for a big piece of your college expenses.
- How to send your child to an expensive private university for the same or less than the cost of a state school.
- How to get money from colleges and universities even if you don’t qualify for “need-based” financial aid.
- Exactly what you should and should not do before applying to college so your child is offered more money.
- We will inform you of the biggest mistakes parents make when paying for college and how to avoid them.
- We will teach you the college funding “rules” so you can make them work for you and not against you.
- Unlike financial aid strategies that other companies promote that cannot be guaranteed (because the colleges themselves ultimately determine the outcome), we focus on strategies that are in your control and can actually help reduce your expenses. You will be advised on how to implement personalized strategies so you can pay for college and still save for retirement and other financial priorities.
- We will assist you in filing any college funding forms that you need to submit.
- We will coach you on appealing any money award you are offered by a college to increase the offer (if appropriate).
- We will work with your child on how to get the most out of his or her college experience. (This alone is worth our fee.)
- We will take the college funding process “off your shoulders” so you can relax, save countless hours, and avoid the stress and aggravation of trying to figure out how to efficiently pay for college.
Our fee is based on the complexity of your college funding plan. We have separate pricing tiers based on your financial situation and how many children you have. We offer a discount for planning for multiple children.
In addition we charge an annual renewal fee for ongoing support and updates since each plan involves multiple years.
Click here to find out what a college funding consultant can potentially do for your family.